Saturday, June 1, 2013

Butterfly Kisses and Butterfly Wishes

Day Myell. Wouldn't that be a lovely name for a butterfly? 

When I was asked to do a butterfly party, I immediately thought pink, green, and white will be the perfect color combo, and a touch of brown to make it a little enchanted.
Most of the parties I see with this theme use a lot of colors, but I always like to limit my base colors to 3. I'm actually more on the color than the theme.

The backdrop consisted of the caterpillar at the top made with paper fans,
I made huge pink flowers out of cartolina,
and then there's the butterfly dangler, and the wooden lamp.

And there's the birthday girl in her cute dress!

This butterfly dangler I made was positioned at the center of the sweet corner backdrop.


These wrapped letters I made with cardboard and crepe papers became the center decor of the dessert table. 



 I hot glued cut out butterflies on the twigs I gathered from our yard and placed them in clear glass jars. They made the centerpieces of the dining tables.

I decorated the ceiling with honeycomb balls surrounded with butterflies.


The party foods were butterfly-related of course.
I thought of foods that would represent every stage of the life of a butterfly.
Round pastillas were 'Eggs',
peanuts were 'Cocoons',
gummy 'Caterpillars', 
and formed 'Butterflies' with berry knots and pretzels.


Other theme-related sweets I placed on the dessert table were
'flower' mallows, popping candies were 'pollen' grains,
hershey's kisses were 'butterfly kisses', and
gummy candies were 'bug bites'.

I made these wreaths with wires and crepe papers. 


And of course, it wouldn't be a butterfly garden without these 
cute butterfly catchers I made.

What a lovely day to be a BUTTERFLY!


No comments:

Post a Comment